Advance Notice of RFPs
Notice of Upcoming Requests for Proposals
2018 Water Reuse Projects Supported by State Water Board Grant 2
In 2018, the Water Reuse (potable and non-potable) research projects are supported by State Water Board grant agreement D1705003 + Advancing Potable Reuse fundraising initiative + WRF budget. Learn more about the projects by visiting the Advancing Potable Reuse page
The WE&RF Board of Directors recently authorized initiation of 14 new research projects in 2017. The planned research will significantly advance WE&RF’s integrated water and intelligent water research portfolios. A slate of over two dozen research project proposals was reviewed by WE&RF’s Research Advisory Council in August, 2017. The volunteer council recommended these 14 new projects based on their readiness and significance to the water community.
Designing Sensor Networks and Locations on an Urban Sewershed Scale with Big Data Management and Analytics (IWS‐17‐07)
A new RFP titled Designing Sensor Networks and Locations on an Urban Sewershed Scale with Big Data Management and Analytics, will conduct demonstration projects at multiple utilities to validate sensor-based, real-time monitoring/metering and models/decision support systems on sewershed/sub-sewershed scales, including the applying of analytics to solve sewershed network management issues. The project also will develop a framework for sensor-based networks that incorporates new and emerging monitoring/metering technologies for real-time decision-making. Please contact Walter Graf to learn more about being a project team member, participating as a volunteer, and more information.
- Expert Workshop on Compounds of Emerging Concern Research Needs. Where do we go from here? (CEC‐17‐09)
- Annual Update of International Stormwater BMP Database (Urban Component) (SIWM‐17‐12)
- The Future of Stormwater BMP Database: Strategic Evaluation and Path Forward (SIWM‐17‐13)
- Assessing the State of Knowledge and Research Needs for Stormwater Harvesting (SIWM‐17‐14)
- Enhancement of Resilience to Extreme Weather and Climate Events (SIWM‐17‐15)
- Integrating Sewage Thermal Energy Use (STEU) and Other Emerging Water‐Energy‐Waste Technologies into Distributed Systems (SIWM‐17‐16)
- Crediting Water Quality Benefits from Stream Restoration: Case Studies (SIWM‐17‐17)
- Desalination Research Needs Workshop (Reuse‐17‐11)