What is your technology?
Pluto is an intelligence platform for water and wastewater plants to reduce energy consumption and minimize operating costs. Pluto's cloud based system leverages existing data sources at the plant to deliver performance improvements and identify potential operational failures.
What are the benefits to implementing your technology?
- Reduce energy consumption by 10% (typically); reductions can be much higher depending on the plant.
- Improve membrane performance. While membrane performance is well tuned in our industry, the ability to investigate further improvement is difficult. Pluto’s intelligent simulation gives insights without first having to ask and test the "right" questions.
- Reduce the number of overflow events. Our most basic feature is powerful. Accurately forecast influent flow using weather data along with your SCADA data. Beyond accurate forecasts, we provide cost vs risk analysis so you can determine the right course of action.
- Maintain effluent quality for compliance. Instrumenting biochemical processes requires experienced operators to anticipate the expected outcomes. Intelligent prediction from Pluto gives the missing analysis from existing steady state models.
- Pluto's full deployment goal is to reduce the annual operating cost by 20%
Has the technology been tested, demonstrated, or implemented anywhere to date?
Pluto has multiple ongoing pilots at wastewater plants
What are some of the next steps needed to advance the technology?
The next step is to identify wastewater plants that are in need of reducing energy consumption. Our goal is to leverage Artificial Intelligence to enable our customers to reduce their costs in a meaningful way.
How has LIFT helped, or how can LIFT help?
LIFT has helped us refine our value proposition. It provides a great platform to connect with utilities and technology providers. Pluto will use LIFT as a channel to identify potential customers and work with them to bring the benefits of Artificial Intelligence to this industry.
Prateek Joshi, Founder firstname.lastname@example.org